Title: Senior Acquisitions Analyst
Location: In-house or remote option
Salary Range: $175,000 – $225,000+ DOE
Job Type: Direct and immediate hire
A privately New York owned company, value-oriented real estate and investment firm focused on identifying, acquiring and developing diverse real estate investments that fit within its value philosophy. The firm is opportunistic and has the resources and flexibility to pursue multiple investment strategies across many property types and asset classes. The organization has delivered strong returns to its investors throughout its history by developing and applying analytical insights to exploit structural, cyclical, and situational dislocations that create opportunity for pricing advantage.
The firm is seeking to hire a Senior Acquisitions Analyst to support its Acquisitions team. The individual in this position will work closely with the Executive Team on all aspects of underwriting and closing new investments. The individual in this position may also interact with outside attorneys, accountants and third-party consultants in pursuit of underwriting assumptions on a transactional basis as well as support of due diligence and closing efforts. This position will provide broad exposure to complex, sophisticated real estate investments and presents an exceptional foundation for professional growth in many areas of real estate investment and development.
• Underwrite prospective investments across asset classes with various business plans (core, value-add, development, etc.)
• Produce, manipulate, update and/or review financial underwriting models in MS Excel
• Analyze the assumptions being made in the financial projections and research the reasonableness of these assumptions
• Use third party data sources to evaluate “comparables” (rent, operating expenses, sales prices, etc.)
• Maintain, track and update acquisitions database and transaction pipeline
• Research and track real estate market performance and metrics
• Assist in the preparation of internal and external presentations on prospective investments and provide follow-up information on questions raised by company principal(s)/management and potential investor(s)
• Work closely with the team members to close transactions
• Additional projects as reasonably assigned
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or a related discipline (relevant postgraduate degree is not required but will be evaluated as part of a candidate’s overall qualifications)
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word required; experience with VBA and Argus a plus
• Ability to create complex real estate and partnership financial models, including discounted cash flows, preferred return scenarios, equity waterfalls, pivot tables, sensitivity analyses, etc.
• Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize deadlines and effectively manage workload
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and a quick study with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
Please send resume asap to: HorowitzAvi@gmail.com