To maintain adequate records of all assets, liabilities, fund balances, and financial transactions. Initiate and enforce measures and procedures whereby the business of all entities shall be conducted with the maximum safety, efficiency and economy; develop, analyze, and interpret statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results in terms of cost versus budgets. Plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the Financial Administration Department. Manage staff for optimum performance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate, prepare and issue standard practices relating to accounting policies and procedures as are necessary to ensure that adequate accounting records are maintained of all assets, liabilities and transactions. Ensure that suitable systems are followed in compilation of operation costs.
- Ensure that controls are adequate and current so that corrective action can be taken where necessary at the earliest possible moment.
- Record financial transactions covered by minutes of the meetings of the Finance Committee/Board of Directors.
- Ascertain that a properly qualified individual occupies the position of Assistant Controller.
- Review and interpret financial statements, cost data and management control reports of the company as directed by the Senior Vice President for Finance, assist Department Heads in appraising their activities in terms of financial results, pointing out significant trends in operations as indicated by analysis of the reports; assist the executives in determining future policies based on applying sound judgment to the conclusions deduced from such facts.
- Establish completion dates for various financial and analytical reports and assure compliance with target deadlines.
- Maintain liaison with the public accountants appointed as auditors in the execution of their program of independent auditing.
- Establish or approve procedures and methods for physical counting and pricing all inventories.
- Review and approve procedures for handling cash and property so as to protect the company from loss through negligence or dishonesty.
- Maintain adequate records of authorized appropriations and check against the appropriations the sums expended pursuant thereto.
- In accordance with Board Resolution and at the direction of the Senior Vice President for Finance, transact all inter-company, inter-fund transfers and invest all available funds at maximum rate of return.
- Coordinate clerical and office methods, records, reports and procedures throughout the company effecting financial operations and arrange for the development of standards for
office and clerical activities, forms, equipment, and supplies for use by the Fiscal Affairs department. Develop clerical cost programs to insure that accounting records are maintained at the lowest possible expense to the company.
- Supervise the activities of General Accounting.
- Maintain such relationships inside and outside the company as are necessary to enhance the company name and reputation.
- Assure the timely payment of current liabilities.
- Direct the preparation, calculation and accounting of various Federal, State and Local forms insuring that such data and statements are transmitted to the authorities for reporting in
accordance with established due dates.
- Review major questions concerning receivables past due and adjustments to accounts to insure recommended actions comply with established policies or to develop policies where new conditions arise. Approve the write-off of patient accounts as collectable by an agency or those deemed uncollectible. Approve for payment all refunds.
- Analyze performance of collection agencies. Negotiate recovery fee when applicable to reduce company expense.
- Complete and maintain renewal of insurance policies.
- Prepare and maintain operating and capital budgets for Controller’s and Cashier’s Office.
- Prepare and maintain executive payroll.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Senior Vice President for Finance.
- Determine staffing requirements; recruit, hire and train new staff.
- Supervise direct reporting staff according to the policies of the company.
- Delegate work duties to staff.
- Monitor, evaluate and manage staff performance including performance reviews.
- Coach and discipline staff; manage internal staff relations.
- Provide oversight and approval of departmental payroll and pay rule practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, plus ten years progressively more responsible experience, including at least three years in a managerial capacity.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. Prior healthcare experience preferred.
Must have strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills to interact with management and staff to resolve management issues.
Must be hands-on
Strong Technically – Month-End Close, General Ledger work, Reconciliations, Account Analysis, Strong Computer skills, Strong Excel Skills
Work on-site – vaccine preferred, Mask required.
Please contact Nina Nardone at 201 788-0232 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHIEF DEV OFFICER
Today, I am announcing a new leadership position: Chief Development Officer. We are looking for someone who believes in our Jewish and Zionist mission; someone who is excited about the idea of deepening Tikvah’s relationship with existing donors and expanding our community of supporters; someone who can work closely with our board of directors, our superb program and editorial staff, and with me to help take Tikvah into the future. The right candidate will have substantial experience in fundraising or business development, whether in the non-profit, education, or for-profit sector. A full job description is available here.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter to my assistant Linda Nagelberg at email@example.com. Please put “Chief Development Officer” in the subject line and submit your materials by Friday, October 1.
I am overseeing this search personally, and I promise to review every confidential submission.
Please feel free to forward this e-mail to anyone you think might be interested, and thanks for your help in taking Tikvah from strength to strength.
Executive Director, The Tikvah Fund
DIR OF INVESTMENTS
Carmel Partnersis a well-capitalized private real estate firm with expertise in the investment and development of multi-family real estate. Our mission is to build and enhance high-quality communities using innovative ideas and solutions that create value for our investors, residents, and associates.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse team rooted in a culture of mutual respect. We know that our differences make us stronger as an organization and we embrace equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Your role as a Director of Investments:
As a Director of Investments, you will be responsible for the overall analysis, underwriting, and market expertise for new and existing investments in the New York & Boston MSA.
Who you are
You have an excellent understanding of the markets, economics, operations, and marketing/position of apartment properties. You have a knack for sourcing investments and executing transactions to close the deal. You’re able to develop business plans to acquire properties. It’s important to you to spend time in the field reviewing markets and properties, and meeting face to face with property owners and brokers (because you also understand the importance of building effective relationships). You’re a pro at communicating on the page and in person, with keen attention to detail that helps you prioritize and manage your time effectively. Your strong analytical and timely decision-making skills are a key part of your success.
What you’ll do
Source existing property acquisition opportunities and develop/maintain a target list of properties throughout the market for apartment acquisition opportunities
Directly call on and develop relationships with apartment property owners, brokers specializing in the apartment sector, competitors, management companies, relevant government officials, data providers, title company representatives, and others in the target markets; maintain a current pipeline of properties
In partnership with the Development team, act as the face of Carmel for the market, delivering the Carmel message and pursuit criteria
This position functions as the local investments market expert and works closely with the Development team, Carmel Research, and as applicable, Asset Management to craft and execute the Investment Strategy including, but not limited to:
Support and develop the current NY & Boston Market Strategy
Research target submarkets and identify areas within each that meet the company’s acquisition criteria
Understand market drivers, supply/demand fundamentals, employment growth, and other factors to support the overall strategy and specific opportunities to the company and its investment partners
As needed, complete analysis for investments and development pursuits including sales comparables, asset competitor sets, rental comparables, and market reports
Working with the Development team and Carmel’s Research resources, semiannually update and maintain the Market Strategy document for NY & Boston pursuits
Responsible for coordinating all aspects of the acquisition pursuits and transactions within the market, which includes:
Develop a financial assessment and acquisition pro forma
Assist in negotiation of the letters of intent and purchase and sale agreements
Initiate and manage the due diligence effort (including coordination of all internal and external consultants)
Develop a business plan for the property
Author investment memos and present to Investment Committee
Coordinate the preparation of closing/settlement process
This role will oversee and manage all aspects of disposition preparation and transactions including, but not limited to:
Semiannual asset evaluation and underwriting as well as investment committee disposition recommendation
Coordinate with Asset Management and third parties/partners, as applicable, on operations and capital projects for assets in the disposition queue
Manage the brokerage/marketing team relationship and process including BOV solicitation, review and team selection, marketing strategy, OM preparation coordination, and marketing launch
Oversee the marketing and transaction processes including tours and bidding, assistance in contract negotiation, and coordination of due diligence and closing
Work in a coordinated fashion with the full Investment team to approach the market for opportunities
Other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned
What you’ll bring
Undergraduate degree in Business or Finance is required, MBA or other related graduate degree is preferred, but not required
Minimum 5 years professional experience in commercial real estate with at least the last 3 years as an investment professional in the multifamily sector in multiple geographies
Known track record of sourcing or working on & off-market transactions
Strong understanding of the NY and Boston multi-family markets
Strong existing network among target market apartment property owners, brokers, and consultants
Strong working knowledge of real estate investment and real estate principles
Significant PC knowledge of Excel and Word applications
Your Compensation & Benefits
Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, and benefits.
Benefits play a key role in your choice of employer. Our portfolio of health benefits, time off benefits, paid parental leave, and wellness programs and perks are designed to ensure that you are healthy and comfortable.
Hiring during Covid -19:
Employees in this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date and must remain fully vaccinated throughout employment, including via receipt of booster doses as recommended by federal, state, and/or local health authorities, unless an accommodation is granted for medical or religious reasons in accordance with applicable law.
Many of our corporate recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic via Zoom, as we are working in a hybrid work-from-home/office environment until further notice.
Apply at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2713342355/ or connect with someone you know there
HASC Center seeks Community Habilitation Supervisor to create service plans and documentation based on individuals’ needs assessment.
Ability to multitask and be a problem solver
Strong computer literacy skill and proficiency in Microsoft Office
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Com Hab Supervisor in subject line
At HASC we have the following opportunities:
Sign-On Bonus for Full-Time Teachers & Therapists
Sign-On Bonus for Teacher Assistants and Aides
Referral Bonus Award
* Teacher Assistants (must have certification) – Boro-park, Woodmere, Rockland
* Teacher Aides/Shadows – Boro-park, Woodmere, Rockland
Nurse – Boro-park
Maintenance Department Head – Woodmere
Physical Therapists – Rockland
Psychologist – Boro-park
SEITs – Brooklyn, Rockland (Yiddish a plus)
Social Worker – Boro-park
Speech Therapist – Boro-park
Vision Therapist – Boro-park – Part-Time
At HASC, children and families are seen and treated as unique and special individuals. The staff are constantly challenged to address the needs of their students by using curricula and techniques unique to the field of special education. Innovation, creativity and motivation are the hallmarks of a HASC staff member. We have locations in Boropark, Woodmere and Monsey.
If you want to be part of HASCs dedicated team of professionals please send your resume to Cheryl.email@example.com indicating which position and which location you are interested in.
Blue Balloon ABA is seeking a Para to work with an amazing 18-year-old male in Lakewood. flexible hours excellent pay
Director of Business Development
Blue Balloon ABA
YTCTE in North Miami Beach is looking for a 5th grade general studies teacher. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
School Psychologist/ Social Worker Special Ed School in Flatbush Excellent salary Warm supportive environment Great hours Email Resume: Sped.email@example.com.
|Mobile Specimen Lead Persons
to administer Covid-19 tests at assigned NYC schools
Earn up to $30.00 per hour!
Elmwood Park NJ
|Use this link:
|Must possess Clean, Valid Driver’s License with at least 4 years of driving experience.
Drive van, and Testers/Swabbers to NYC School sites for scheduled Covid Testing.