Oct. 7 2018
ASSOCIATE DIR. OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
Fordham Law School, NYC Campus
• Develop, implement and administer the Law School’s Academic Enrichment Program (AEP) to provide academic support to law school
• Maintain statistical data on the success of AEP and other support
• Work with faculty to establish academic workshops for small student groups;
• Stay abreast of advances in learning theory and work with faculty, as appropriate, to integrate these advances in academic support
• Counsel law students who need or request academic support;
• Counsel law students in need of personal support;
• Implement and supervise the Board of Student Advisors Mentoring Program;
• Assist with the design and implementation of social programs that promote the sense of community at Fordham Law School;
• Assist with the programming for the Law School’s Orientation and Diploma Ceremony events;
• Assist with other department duties and responsibilities as directed by the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs.
• J.D. degree
• Two years of experience providing personal counseling or academic student support either at a university or a law firm
• Experience teaching legal writing to students;
• Experience developing, implementing and administrating student academic support programs;
• The skill set to interact with students, faculty, staff and administrators in a cooperative and professional manner while maintaining the
utmost degree of confidentiality;
• Is a self-starter that works well independently but is also a team-player that works well on projects faculty, administrators, staff, alums and students.
STARTING DATE: ASAP
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
SEND LETTER & RESUME:
Assistant Dean for Administration
Fordham University School of Law
NYC Parks (Bronx location)
• Under direction, perform blacksmith work in building, maintaining and repairing equipment both in the field and in shops.
• Forge and shape angle irons, bridle irons, tools and automobile parts. Weld iron components and other similar pieces of equipment.
• Repair existing metal structures and fencing, play equipment, vehicles, metal parts of carts, enclosures, sweepers and other equipment as needed.
• Perform duties manually or by use of power hammer.
• Supervise assigned personnel.
• Maintain records and produce reports pertaining to equipment maintenance, repairs and materials.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Five years of full-time experience as a blacksmith acquired within the last fifteen years; or
2. Not less than two and one-half years of such experience acquired within the last ten years plus sufficient full-time experience as a blacksmith’s helper or apprentice, or training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school, to make up the equivalent of five years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of blacksmith’s helper or apprentice experience or approved trade or vocational high school; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2”.
1. Advanced Welding skills.
2. Fitness certificates for Welding, Fire Watch and Open Flame Torch.
3. Excellent communication skills.
4. Proficiency with computer software and the ability to use hand held devices.
5. Valid New York State driver license.
NYC Residency required
Go to nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID # 365374.
BUSINESS DEV EXEC
NEW YORK, NEW YORK. OPERATIONS – SALES.FULL-TIME. https://jobs.lever.co/hawkemedia/d6c1dfd0-93ab-4c31-8eac-f686ab2a47f5
CENTERS CARE JOBS
Centers Health Care is currently hiring for the below positions based out of Bronx, NY. Many of our opportunities do not require previous experience! Please submit resumes to email@example.com with the position of interest in the subject line or follow the below links:
Our current openings include:
· Financial Tracker
· Special Projects Coordinator
· Accounts Payable Representative
· Payroll Representative
· Cash Management Associate
· Corporate Building Superintendent
· Invoice Review Representative
· Director of Operations – Responsible for launching and operating a new venture within the Centers Health Care continuum. 5+ years’ previous operations and management experience required; previous healthcare experience preferred but not required.
· Project Coordinator
Centers Health Care is a fully integrated post-acute care continuum offering rehabilitation and skilled nursing services in more than 45 locations covering five states. In addition, we provide special services including in-patient and home dialysis, ventilator care, and care for those with Alzheimer’s. The Centers Health Care family offers Urgent Care, Managed Care, Adult Day Health Care, and Assisted Living services, as well as every level of Home Care. Centers is well known for our commitment to our employees, offering outstanding ongoing training and development, career advancement opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous compensation packages and more.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration
Looking for a controller. Needs to be savvy and accounting savvy. Does not need to be an accountant.Start right away, 3-6 months and a possibillty for long term. Needs to work well under pressure. Please send resume:
Team at Deloitte (Deloitte New-venture Accelerator) is hiring for a junior role (roughly 1-5 years work experience – preferably pre-MBA or else a very recent MBA grad). We’re looking for sharp candidates with growth strategy experience, either with a consulting firm or in-house strategy team. The role is perfect for consultants wanting to get off the road but continue doing high-impact strategy work. Can be based in NYC/NJ, Boston, Miami, Minneapolis, or LA.
Here is a link to the job description: https://dtt.taleo.net/careersection/10260/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=E19NATSSRCAH035-CL4&src=JB-22481
Vivek Lakhi ’10
MUTUAL LIFE INSURANCE JOBS
The following jobs from Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company can be found jobs.northwesternmutual.com
1. Administrative Assistant III – New York, NY, US, 10003
2. Sr. HR Generalist – New York, NY, US, 10003
3. Director of Solution Engineering – New York, NY, US, 10003
4. Senior Software Engineer – New York, NY, US, 10003
5. Associate Creative Director, Product – New York, NY, US, 10003
6. Experience Director, Product – New York, NY, US, 10003
7. Executive Assistant – New York, NY, US, 10003
8. Senior iOS Engineer (New York) – New York, NY, US, 10003
9. Design Lead, Product – New York, NY, US, 10003
HR Business Partner – New York, NY, US, 10003
Senior Communications Associate
The Senior Communications Associate serves as a primary media contact for Roosevelt Institute and the lead in thinking about how we push our brand, Fellows, network members, ideas, and policies in the media. They will play a leading role in developing communications strategies around Roosevelt Institute projects. This position reports to the Vice President of Communication and is extremely cross-functional, working closely with the VP of Research and Policy, the National Director of the Network program, and other members of the communication team. This is a non-management, unionized, team lead role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Serve as a primary media contact for Roosevelt Institute issues and projects.
Coordinate with staff, Fellows, and network members to develop and execute earned media strategies for Roosevelt issues and projects.
Seize opportunities to inject the voices of Roosevelt Institute leaders, Fellows, and network members into the news cycle.
Identify and develop spokespeople.
Proactively and reactively field media inquiries and coordinate interviews.
Prep and staff spokespeople for media events and interviews.
Build and maintain media lists.
Monitor media coverage and prepare press clip compilations.
Draft pitch letters/emails, fact sheets, media advisories, press releases, op-eds, talking points and other communications products.
Develop and maintain relationships with members of the media.
Develop creative ways to promote Roosevelt Institute content and issues to the public with the goal of reaching new and nontraditional audiences.
Organize events for bloggers and reporters.
Support Roosevelt projects and initiatives.
Four year college degree in English, writing, journalism, communications, political science or a related field
Other programs of study will be considered if combined with 2-4 years of experience in media relations, journalism or related field experience as outlined below.
Strong project management, budget, organizational skills.
Self-driven working style and ability to juggle multiple projects at a time.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Keen attention to organization, detail and deadlines.
Passion for the mission of the Roosevelt Institute.
Interest in policy issues
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Beth Kitzinger (email@example.com).
SOCIAL MEDIA & COMMUNITY MANAGER
JDC is seeking to hire an experienced social media marketer with hands-on experience building digital communities. The Social Media & Community Manager, a newly created position, will be responsible for managing and cultivating JDC’s social media communities and for amplifying the voice of our brand across the spectrum of social media channels in order to develop new audiences for JDC. They will work closely and collaboratively within the Marketing & Communications (Marcom) team on integrated campaigns, while owning social media and community management.
What will you do as a Social Media & Community Manager?
Cultivate communities and maintain an active presence on all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube, and Vimeo
Conceptualize, execute, and report on social engagement strategies that align with the organizational content strategy
Be the voice of JDC to potential users creating a positive brand experience in the early stages
Answer comments and amplify positive sentiments in timely conversations on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
Identify and engage with community and brand advocates, turning users into passionate evangelists
Keep up with, and explore ways to implement, relevant social media news, updates, tools, platforms, and best practices
Identify and build relationships with relevant influencers, media, and partners
Identify opportunities for new audiences
Identify and recommend opportunities through user-generated content surrounding the brand
Highlight trends, themes and memes to the rest of the Marcom team
Align content with broader strategy, supporting key brand goals while resonating with target audiences
Translate complex concepts and technical information into practical marketing language for the appropriate target audiences
Report on engagement and retention
Track and analyze metrics and generate reports that provide insights
Who is the Social Media & Community Manager?
Lives social media, engagement, and digital community building and has in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective audiences and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
Has in-depth knowledge of social media publishing, listening and analytics platforms and tools
Active participant in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management
Works across multiple teams and thrives in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
Passionate about learning and fostering an employer’s target audiences
Eager to identify and expand into new audiences
Excellent writer and verbal communicator, with the ability to apply skills across a wide range of platforms
Understands the importance of enforcing brand guidelines across a global organization to maintain the vibrancy and authenticity of the community
Mission-driven, motivated by JDC’s global Jewish humanitarian work
A minimum of one year of digital/communications agency experience required
Excellent communication skills, especially written communications
In-depth knowledge and understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) for social media, mobile apps and other web properties.
Proficiency in social media management applications (e.g. Hubspot), online donation platforms (e.g. Classy) and Microsoft Office (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
Excellent time and project management skills
Great attention to detail
Strong understanding of data and analytics
Video and/or photo editing experience a plus
Why work at JDC?
The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
We offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
o 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
o PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
o 403(b) with JDC contributions of up to 6.5% of salary
o Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
o Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Send your resume, salary expectations, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Idealist, Social Media & Community Manager – YOUR FULL NAME’.
Looking for part time secretary in Inwood. Flexible hours. Possible to become full time. Email email@example.com
Seeking special education teachers to work with school age children. Manhattan locations. Competitive rates. Part time.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, mention steve Eisenberg
Flatbush Mesivta looking to hire history teacher for two periods a day, 4:30-610 pm, M-TH. Great pay for right candidate. Please email resume to email@example.com
Seeking para/shadow to work with child in grade school. Teaneck location.
Can be part time. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, mention Steve Eisenberg