Title: Legal General Counsel
Located: Midtown New York
Salary: $250-300k Depending on exp.
A multi faceted Real Estate family office located in New York with operations in development, management, & construction is seeking an experienced in-house legal counsel. We are a growing office and will need a candidate who will identify and take on issues all across our businesses including corporate contracts, commercial real estate, company formation and administrative matters involving a wide variety of legal issues that arise from the day-to-day operations of a growing company.
Ideal candidate will be one who has a wide range spectrum of legal expertise in diversified areas. Should be up to date on all Legal matters. Will also have to do legal research independently or at least have the right connections to make sure company is always on pulse with its Legal matters.
Responsibilities will include:
• Preparing and negotiating commercial, retail and professional office lease agreements, amendments, brokerage agreements, service contracts, construction contracts and other agreements.
• Assisting with the closing of purchase, sales and financing’s.
• Providing counsel to all other departments on legal matters impacting their areas of responsibility, including commercial and residential leasing (including rent stabilized apartments), operations and property management.
• Interact with key company leaders, government agencies, law firms, and other external agencies
Experience & Skills:
• Self-starter who takes ownership and initiative with all matters and issues
• Track record of initiative, problem solving abilities, and intellectual curiosity
• Experience with drafting and negotiating leases
• Strong negotiation and writing skills
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects at one time
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Extremely organized
NY Bar (Required)
Please email a resume to: HorowitzAvi@gmail.com