We are looking for a self motivated / driven individual with strong analytical skills.
• Find & research new products to sell and present to the Branding team
• Using various software to research new products and use the data to determine purchase worthiness
• Analyze competing brands/products and trends
• Source suppliers for new products
• Constantly look out for new competitors
• Must work in house, Brooklyn location
We are an established and fast-growing Brooklyn based consumer goods business in the E-commerce space.
As we expand and grow our business, we are looking to hire a Procurement Specialist to expand our product base.
Food / Snack Product Development Manager
Location: Brooklyn NY or Suffern New York
Salary: Lucrative salary for the right experience
Job Summary: The Food or Snack Research & Developer will be responsible for assisting the Director of Research & Development with Food Product Development, day to day operations within the department, such as documentation of formulas and adjustments. Inclusive in this role will be to collaborate with Food Quality Assurance department and executives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Will be hands on in executing new product launches
• Formulation selection, Ingredient Coordination, Certification and Labeling
• Serve as support of R&D Team in the development and execution of new Product, and product changes
• Ingredient submission and manage the approval process
• Maintain production specification from outsourced manufactures
• Helps plan and collects materials for, and coordinates trial production and development tests.
• Coordinate test runs with outsourced production facilities
• Provides support for quality assurance helping to ensure food safety protocol
• Ensures formula adherence by comparing actual data to formulas and product specs
• Coordinates other analytical studies in-house or outside labs as requested, i.e. palatability, acceptability & and/or performs an evaluation of product texture etc.
• Create product specifications for finished products
• Reports any food safety issues to the R&D Manager
• Certification compliance and Issue resolution
Job Skills / Requirements:
• Previous experience in the Snack / Food industry
• Experience in natural/organic foods is a huge plus
• Education BS in Chemistry, Biology or Food Science preferred – Not a deal breaker!
• Strong attention to detail analytical capabilities.
• Computer proficiency including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook
• Strong work ethics, time management, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
• Ability to work with little or no supervision